I have finally gotten back to work on the car and completed the installation of the rear battery box.
After reading Ross's blog about acid leakage from the rear battery box I became concerned. After I initially followed the kit instructions and used silicone sealant on the seams I had to remove the box because it did not fit right. I found that the sealant did not adhere very well to the box seams. It peeled right off when I pulled it apart so I started investigating alternatives. I have decided to weld the seams. I'll show a picture when I try it.
I also got the front trunk area completed.
The charger is installed backwards of the instructions because the wire that connects it to the batteries won't reach the passenger side. I, like most everyone else, don't like the idea of the box venting fans running on power supplied by the accessory battery so I get a 12VDC power supply from Fry's to power them and to light the status lights on the dash. Here is the power supply.
Here is the AC power connection. on the passenger side.
If I had followed the instructions for the AC power plug installation I would have put it on the fender but I did not want to drill into that beautiful body so I put it on the front bumper.
I ordered a spring loaded license plate bracket and it will install over the plug so it is not normally visible.
And here is the dash with new speedometer, tachometer, and status lights installed.
The old gauges would not fit this new dash plate so I put in AutoMeter gauges. I can actually see these gauges at night unlike the original ones. The tachometer is calibrated with the DMOC but the speedometer will have to wait until I can actually drive the car for calibration.
Finally, here is the installation of the blower box for the air conditioning. I did this some time ago but did not show any pictures of it.
Up next are a few odds and ends and then I'll be ready to install the batteries.