Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Restoration Complete







After more than a year the restoration is finally complete. The next thing I did was to put the engine and transmission back in the car so I could drive it a little. I had done the suspension upgrades needed for the additional weight of the batteries while I was restoring the car. I also wanted to test the transmission since I had not previously driven it more than a few blocks. This was important to me because I didn't want to do the conversion and then have to work on the transmission.

It turns out that it's a good thing I did this. I found that the transmission leaks at almost all of the places it could leak. Nothing bad but it needs to be repaired. As far as shifting it is great. So all I need to do is replace the seals. I hope this won't be too bad.

After driving the car for about a month I have now taken all of the ICE parts back off and I am starting the conversion. The rest of this blog will chronicle that process.

No comments: